Going for a swim is probably the best type of exercise since it practically works out all your muscles and body parts. However, when swimming is your go-to cardio exercise, you might have wished that you can also listen to your tunes just like when running. The good news is that, nowadays, you can already buy the best waterproof MP3 player for swimming.
Hence, this article will be looking into three products. Read on to find out each of their unique features along with their advantages and disadvantages.
Hopefully, by the end of this quick read, you would have an idea of what is the best waterproof MP3 player for swimming.
Pyle Upgraded V2 Flextreme Waterproof MP3 Player Sports Wearable Headset
This product is made by strictly following the Marine Grade standard. That makes it resistant to any corrosion and, at the same time, durable. It also has an excellent audio quality.
Another is that it is easy to customize your music playlist since you can create your own theme by simply dragging and dropping the files. It also has an FM radio feature for those times you get bored with your playlist.
Additionally, you also do not have to keep charging it because it has an eight-hour rechargeable battery that is built-in. Its memory is also worthy to mention since it is a whooping 8GB. Further, using it will not be a hassle since the controls are straightforward.
The manufacturer also prioritized the comfort of the user. Hence, the earbud tips can be removed and replaced with new ones. Also, its headset will not be caught up in your arms while swimming because it has a clip-on design.
- The sound quality underwater and above water is almost the same. It is crisp, clear, and has balanced acoustics.
- The controls are very easy to use since it has limited buttons to press.
- The earphones fit perfectly and are comfortable to wear.
- The earphones can be cleaned easily, which is as simple as wiping them down.
- It is waterproof for up to one meter of 60-minute intervals for a continuous submersion.
- It takes time to figure out how to correctly transfer files that are not compatible with the software. Nevertheless, there is an instruction included.
- The controls are difficult to manipulate while submerged in water.
AGPTEK Clip 8GB Waterproof MP3 Player with Waterproof Headphone
This MP3 player claims to survive 24 hours of water submersion without the risk of any damage. It is also very versatile since it is compatible with many music formats namely WAV, MP3, and WMV. However, for other types of files, you must convert it.
It also has a built-in 160 MA, lithium battery with a power that can last for a maximum of 18 hours when the initial charge is an hour and a half.
When using this product underwater, you can go as deep as three meters since it has an IPX-8 system. However, you should still clean it thoroughly to avoid corrosion or rusts.
- The earbuds fit perfectly in your ears even if you do not tuck it in your swimming cap.
- The earbuds can withstand the pressure of the water and will hold their position.
- You can transfer a number of music files into it.
- The sound quality is good even when not underwater.
- You can hear the sounds clearly when submerged in water.
- It is very lightweight and convenient to use with its clip-on option. You might even forget that your mp3 player is there as it does not add too much weight to your body.
- The sound quality underwater is not as good as the sound you hear when not used underwater.
Caithly Swimming Waterproof Mp3 Player
This MP3 player is popular for the quality of sound that it produces whether underwater or out of the water. That is because it has both quality stereo and bass parts.
Another great thing is that it supports a lot of common and uncommon file formats like FLAC, OGG, and APE. Likewise, it can efficiently work with the software of both Windows and Mac OS. Further, people can “do away” with their playlist and listen to the radio since it also has a handy FM Radio feature.
The manufacturer has also included a quality battery that is made of lithium. What is more is that when fully charged, the product can be used for a maximum of eight hours. Also, when you go for a swim, the product will be safe as deep as five meters.
Additionally, you will not get tangled in the cords because they specifically designed the unit to have short cords. Hence, you can move freely no matter what stroke you do.
The headphones that come with the product are equipped with three clamps to make sure that they stay in place while you are swimming. They also have four different types of earbud tips to fit different ear sizes and shapes.
- It has great sound quality even if you are underwater. In fact, you cannot tell the difference between the sound when you listen to it above the water.
- This player balances the acoustics really well.
- The battery life is impressive—you can use it for a long time with just a full one-time charge.
- It is handy since it can support different file formats. You do not have to convert your music files, which is less of a hassle on your part.
- The cord that it has is too short that a tall person cannot use it anymore.
Best Waterproof MP3 Player for Swimming: The Winner
Let us just say that every waterproof MP3 player on this list is of good quality because each of them is good in their own specializations. However, for across the board performance, the Pyle Upgraded V2 Flextreme Waterproof MP3 Player Sports Wearable Headset takes it all.
You get quality sound, comfort, and ease of use all at the same time with this MP3 player. Yes, it does have a bit of getting used to, in terms of its software, but once you familiarize yourself with it, everything else is easy.